Tuesday 3 May 2011

Walkies



Can I refer you to a blog that I am following? Natalie Husk works for Leprosy Mission and is walking the entire South West Coast Path during May and June. That's 630 miles! I'm so impressed with her for doing this, she is raising awareness and money for those still suffering the effects of leprosy.


Her blog is at http://leprosyvoice.wordpress.com/ should you wish to follow her progress.


She asked for people to join her for a leg of the trip and walk with her and raise some money too. So, rather recklessly, I emailed her to join her for a day. She called my bluff and on Friday I am joining her in walking from Woolacombe to Braunton, 15 miles worth. I chose it because the drive there and back is a little shorter (a three and a half hour round trip all the same though), because it is described as a cross between moderate and easy and because it is breathtakingly beautiful. It won't let me show you an example but follow this link to see what I mean: http://www.flickr.com/photos/southwestcoastpath/5260558410/in/faves-55737292@N06/


I hope to post some pictures of my own afterwards but in the meantime I have frightened myself a little by measuring 15 miles on a car trip. It's a jolly long way!

No comments:

Post a Comment