Tuesday 31 May 2011

Shooting in the RAW

Not what you think, way too cold for that on Saturday. Basically (and I don't understand it in any more detail than this), RAW is a mode that proper photographers talk about the rest of us needing to shot pictures in rather than the JPEG format. RAW produces bigger files with less thrown away in the camera so the picture quality is better. Proper photographers could explain it better and in more detail.


So, anyway, I tried it for the first time on Saturday. I went along to a village game down the road and I think I can see what they mean. I think the quality is better in this, although I am aware that the boundary was a lot shorter here than at Taunton (itself one of the smaller grounds). You need to double click on the image to see it bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment