Thursday 7 July 2011

"Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles". Isaiah 40:31



Really had no time for time out today. In an ironic move I was nominated, as the least reflective person gathered there, to lead some thoughts on on a day of reflection for some local ministers. It is all very low key, involving some coffee, cake, reflection and prayer, spending a couple of hours alone, the food at the pub, followed by coffee, cake, and a bit more reflection and prayer. Not terribly taxing fare, it has to be said.


Yet something I do so little of. To the extent that I was actually nervous of spending the time out of the usual routine - if indeed you could call it a routine.



Came away with a better attitude and a quieter spirit. And a couple of nice pictures and some things to ponder. I should do this more often.



But I remember telling myself that last year too.



PS - Have no idea if the bird in the picture is an eagle or not but caught it with a 55mm lens as it circled around.

No comments:

Post a Comment