Thursday 22 November 2012

Character not reputation


I've been reading some terrific things lately.  Re-reading Everyday Church by Tim Chester and Steve Timmis, which is looking like my book of the year, has been great and I had an excellent day with  Pete Scazzero on Tuesday on Emotionally Healthy Leadership - just the right combination of inspiring and informing and challenging. 

This quote is from a book I picked up at a conference a year ago and have finally got round to reading - that familiar to anyone else at all?  Growing Leaders by James Lawrence is something I am reading a little of each evening, it's fine stuff!   Here's a wise quote from it:

"Be more comcerned with your character than your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are." (p.123)  
Basketball Coach, John Wooden      

No comments:

Post a Comment