Saturday 22 October 2011

Exeter City 3 Rochdale 1

Finances being an issue this year, this was the first league game I've attended this year.  A bit scrappy at times this one until the end when Exeter played some good football.  The general consensus is that, in a game of two halves, the scoreline flattered Exeter a bit.  However, the win sees us soar to 23rd in League 1. 

I have no goals to show you as I had an interesting conversation with the Head of Security at the ground about 20 minutes into the game which resulted in me having to put my camera away.  He was very polite and reasonable but apparently my zoom lens is too big to be allowed.  Ordinary cameras and smaller lenses are permitted, which will be a challenge for future games, but a challenge I am ready to embrace.  The concern was that I could be selling the shots tonight.  Sure there's a huge market!

Bit frustrated as I have never had a problem before but on checking the ground rules you aren't allowed to take any kind of camera in and so will have to abide by smaller lens rule next time.  Especially frustrated as I was perfectly positioned for Nardiello's penalty for 2-1 and the final goal for the particularly impressive Jake Taylor.  

So what do I hear bid for the final pictures I managed with a zoom lens...




Stephen Darby - on loan from Liverpool


Troy Archibald-Henville is comprehensively outjumped by Jean Louis Akpa-Akpro.  Great names!   


All City can do is watch as the ball hits the post as 0-0

No comments:

Post a Comment