- Quo opening, Rocking all over the world being the perfect start.
- Geldof stopping mid song after the line, "The lesson today is how to die"
- Missing U2 because you had to go to the toilet sometime.
- Bowie using a song slot to play the incredibly emotional Cars video instead.
- Booing Paul McCartney because his microphone didn't work. Completely unfair but everyone was so hyped up.
My friend Martin went and queued for tickets - an heroic effort. I haven't seen anyone else in the car load of people that went up to Wembley for 20 years I guess. Long time ago.
Tom Robinson wrote a good song about this on his Love Over Rage album (I think) called Days That Changed the World, concluding "Humanity's still waiting for the day that changed the world." You can get the link at the top of the right hand side of this page.
Me? I'm looking for my slippers and going to have a quiet sit down to listen to Howard Jones.