Friday 12 March 2010

Did everyone else suddenly get braver?

Knowing next to nothing about the film, I went to see The Lovely Bones on Thursday. Not read the book so may be barking up the wrong tree but seemed to be very well done. Visually it was amazing, theologically (unsurprisingly) less so. I found it quite a disturbing film due to it's subject matter and am more than a little surprised at it's only 12A certificate.

This may have already been the subject of media discussion but on a personal level I don't think my two (both old enough to go in unaccompanied) would like it much and as for under 12s? I know I am a sheltered soul but there were times when it was getting a bit much for me.

Am I getting old and sqeamish or did everyone else suddenly get braver?

No comments:

Post a Comment