Tuesday 1 September 2009

Of course, he is right...

Was settling down to try and read my Bible just after breakfast this morning and the fellow next door who is... well, lets say a little erratic at times... decides to play the Killers for me very loud in his garden. The refrain booms out, "He doesn't look a lot like Jesus" and it feels oddly directed at me. And just because I am paranoid, it doesn't mean people aren't talking about me.

Of course, he is right. I don't look a lot like Jesus and I manage to make a mess of it often enough. And so I learn a lesson that is of more use to me than the dimensions of the new temple as recorded in Ezekiel - today's Bible reading.

I am also reminded of the title of David Pawson's autobiography. I find his stuff a mix of very helpful and quite odd to be honest but I like what he called his book: "Not as bad as the truth". His reasoning was that whatever anyone said about him, it was...

No comments:

Post a Comment