Monday 25 July 2011

As I was saying...



Yesterday was my last preaching engagement for four weeks and, I have to say, I am probably even more pleased than the congregation. It has been a bit of a struggle to make it over the finishing line but now I have a week's study leave to read, walk and try to catch up on my sleep, and then three weeks holiday - can't wait.


Yesterday my text was the last section of Ephesians 3 where Paul prays for the church not in terms of their physical needs but that they might be strengthened in their inner being. So I talked a lot about how the inside is much more important than the outside and how we should be focussed on that.


Three lots of feedback. One that someone was glad I had shaved off the beard I had been growing and two people who tell me that I have put on weight. Mmmm.... the irony.

No comments:

Post a Comment